If you’re a fan of the PB and a delicate, quite short, melt-in-your-mouth kinda biscuit then THIS is exactly what you need in your life. Really easy to make all of just 6 ingredients and half an hour later all you need is your fave cuppa.
Plus these little babes are gluten free, dairy free (can be dairy free) and providing you use delicious coconut sugar they’re packing WAY less sugar then conventional bikkies. The peanut butter and egg adds a lovely protein hit too – total all rounder.
On to the deliciousness….
- 1 cup of peanut butter – I used crunchy, but I’m sure if you’re on team smooth that would be perfect too
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar* – generous spoons at that
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp melted butter/ghee OR coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour (exact measure here to folks)
- salt (oops this means it’s 7 ingredients!!) just for on top at the end
- Pre-heat your oven to 150 degrees Celcius, line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Put all ingredients into a bowl, mix until combined
- It can be helpful to warm the peanut butter slightly to make it easier to work with
- Spoon about a Tbsp onto your baking sheet, gently press with a fork and then sprinkle with pink or Celtic sea salt (you can be generous with it too….it really does make ALL the difference!)
- Bake for about 20 mins – check them, they should be from and slightly brown. They may need an extra 4 – 6 minutes depending on your oven.
- Allow to cool – actually don’t….have one straight away…so good warm!
I hope you enjoy these moorish little treats. I feel like they would be amazing with some chunks of dark chocolate in them….wouldn’t you agree?
This recipe is one I adapted from The Healthy Chef – check the original HERE
*I did try this recipe using a sugar alternative (monk fruit powder – kinda like stevia) and the biscuits just didn’t have the same texture and were very crumbly. Still totally edible, just a bit melt in your fingers rather than in your mouth!